Welcome to our Chicago Integrative Medicine Center
My name is Dr. David Zeiger and I welcome you to HealthWorks, IMC. I am an Integrative Physician whose medical practice for the past 20 years has focused on harmoniously blending the best medical advances from mainstream medicine with those of Wholistic Medicine.
Wholistic or Alternative medicine is an umbrella term for a variety of healing approaches that primarily focus on using the body’s innate capacity to heal. Some may focus on herbs, nutritional supplements, and structural imbalances while others deal with the energetic or emotional issues surrounding the dis-ease. Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, Meditation, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Biofeedback, Aromatherapy, Qigong, Nutritional or Functional Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine, Naturopathic Medicine, and Neural Therapy are just a few of these forms of therapy.
“My health is now better than I ever believed it could be. When I first started seeing Dr. Z, I had severe fatigue, allergy, and the resulting debilitating symptoms: attention deficit, exhaustion, sleeplessness, and mood imbalances. Working deliberately and conservatively, using amino acids, other supplements, and diet, as a team Dr. Z and I have restored much of my health. Other doctors didn’t take me seriously. Dr. Z has worked with me and believed me, no matter how oddly my body was acting or reacting at the time. Are you a tough case? Are you ready to commit yourself to achieving real success? You’re ready to see Dr. Z.”
Liz R. (Chicago,IL)
Integrative medicine treats you as a whole person (mind, body, spirit) not just the sum of your symptoms. It utilizes the latest in scientific medical knowledge and melds it with the unique perspective of diagnosis and treatment found in these other healing practices such as Homeopathy, Acupuncture, and Traditional Chinese Medicine to discover the root cause(s) of illness.
Principles of Integrative Medicine
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness, and disease, including mind, spirit, and community as well as body.
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts all alternative therapies uncritically. What I commonly refer to “Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water” philosophy of what good health care should be.
- Recognition that good medicine should be based on good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease i.e. Environmental Medicine and the impact of toxins such as lead, mercury, phthalates and food additives such as high fructose corn syrup, coloring dyes, etc have on contributing to increased morbidity in our society today.
I personally provide the following therapies through HealthWorks IMC:
- Osteopathic Manual Medicine
- Nutritional/Functional Medicine
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Prolotherapy/Ligament Regeneration Therapy
- HCG Weight Loss
- Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy (Meyer’s Cocktail)
- Neurotransmitter Testing and Balancing
- Heavy Metal Detox
- Neural Therapy
- Laser Therapy for Pain
Over the past decade, integrative medical approaches have helped in treating a variety of conditions. HealthWorks IMC offers treatment for the following:
- Acute and Chronic Pain Management
- Acute and Chronic Headaches including Migraine
- Acute and Chronic Back, Shoulder, Knee, and Hip Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Menstrual Irregularity and PMS
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne
- Hypothyroidism including Hashimotos Thyroiditis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow/Tendonitis Treatment
- Acute and Chronic Ankle Sprain
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Food Intolerance; Gluten, Casein, etc.
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
HealthWorks IMC utilizes a variety of outside CLIA-approved laboratory services including but not limited to; Quest, EMH, and Doctor’s Data. Testing will range from routine to specialty labs such as:
- CBC with dif,
- Serum Iron, Ferritin
- Chemistry Panel (Overall Health)
- Lipid Panel
- VAP Panel (most comprehensive lipid panel)
- Folic Acid /Vit B12
- Free and total Testosterone
- Free and Total PSA
- Dhea S (adrenal stress test)
- 24-hour Urinary Sex Hormone Panel (Estrogens, Progesterone, Dhea, Testosterone, Cortisol, and their metabolites)
- Salivary and Stool Gastrointestinal Panel (Bacteria, Parasites, Amoeba, Helminths, Total SIgA, Intestinal Lysozyme, SIgA Food Intolerance: Gliadin, Egg, Casein, and Soy)
- LEAP Panel (150 food intolerances – Non IGE IGG mediated)
- Serum Glutathione Levels
- Urinary Mycotoxin Testing
- Urinary Heavy Metal Testing (Mercury, Lead, Cadmium Arsenic)
- Urinary Neurotransmitter Testing (Serotonin, Dopamine, Nor Epinephrine, Epinephrine)
- TSH, FreeT4, Free T3, TPO, Antithyroglobulin Antibody, ???
We also utilize a number of excellent and friendly local MRI and X-ray facilities for all radiological services.
When medically necessary, a referral to medical specialists will be made. Often these will be to those specialists that do have an open mind to integrative wholistic medicine.
Dr. Zeiger is available to established patients in his practice 24/7 via phone and email. New patients are invited to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call with questions at any time. Please keep in mind I can only give medical advice to established patients.
SPECIALISTS AND STAFF
Dr. David J. Zeiger
Dr. David J. Zeiger is in his 34th year of family practice. He was previously an attending physician at St. Joseph Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago. He has been a clinical preceptor for medical students and residents from Northwestern, Rush, and Loyola Medical Schools. He has lectured to the American Medical Association, American Association of Orthopedic Medicine, Chicago Medical Society, and public lecture groups on many topics including Medical, Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, BioIdentical Hormone Therapy, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Detoxification, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Homotoxicolgy, and Prolotherapy for Ligament Instability and Pain Management.
Friendly personable helpful staff is here to make your healing experience the most beneficial it can be.
The office waiting area has comfortable chairs, hot and cold water service, herbal teas, and current magazines
Exam rooms are spacious and well lit decorated in a pleasing Oriental theme.
There is easy access to the office via CTA Red Line, bus or cab. There is metered parking on the street and various parking garages nearby. We do not offer validation for parking at this time.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
Dr. Zeiger received his degree from the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences in Des Moines, Iowa. He is an Osteopathic physician and surgeon, board-certified in family practice and integrative medicine. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Family Practice. Dr. Zeiger completed the Medical Acupuncture for Physicians course from the University of California in Los Angeles in 1993. He recently became certified in Homeopathy through the Center for Education and Development of Homeopathy an International certifying organization. Dr. Zeiger received years of training in as well as continues to take continuing medical education in both mainstream medicine and nutrition/functional medicine, bioidentical hormone therapy, homeopathy, osteopathic manual medicine, prolotherapy, and homeopathy/homotoxicology.
Dr. Zeiger is active with many professional associations, including:
- Past President of the American Association of Orthopedic Medicine
- Member of the American Academy of Family Practice
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association
- Member of Cranial Academy
- Professional Lecturer for HEEL
- Editorial Board of Integrative Medicine Council
News and Events
Send us your email address to email@example.com and we will put you on our email newsletter list for FREE! Become a fan of my HealthWorks Facebook page and get exciting breakthroughs in medicine, health tips that you can use, daily up-to-date information on herbs, nutrients, homeopathic medicine, bioidentical hormone therapy, longevity, and anti-aging medicine, as well dates, location, and time of my free public lectures on health and healing.